Shixels Studios needs a Junior Graphic Designer (UI/UX)
Shixels Studios Ltd is a one-stop shop for all your creative and online needs. We are a design + development studio and specialize in helping businesses establish or improve their web presence with beautifully designed websites and apps that work! Our client projects typically average no more than 3-4 months in length, so you will often get to take on new challenges. Plus we have plenty of in-house Apps & projects to work on.
Why it’s Cool:
- You’ll get to work in a collaborative team of designers and developers who really believe in code quality and who have test driven approach to development
- The team is just coming together and as such you will be getting in at the start and can help shape the technical approach for future apps that Shixels has to offer
- Everyone is passionate about what they do and about doing a great job.
- You may start off with an entry level salary, but we have salary reviews every 6 months, bonuses, and plenty opportunities to earn extra cash (ask about Shixels Academy)
What you’ll get
- Apple Mac Mini workstation & access to test devices
- Cool Work Environment with TV (Yes, there’s cable!)
- PS3 (Sometimes you should take a FIFA break to refocus your brain
- A fridge stocked with Red Bull and snacks to keep you fed!
- You’ll get access to free courses from Shixels Academy
- You’ll have opportunity to travel abroad for Shixels Conference & other Conferences
- You’ll have opportunity for career advancement, quick raises, and lots of perks
- And everything to help you do your job!
- We are looking for a fun and talented graphic designer to join our team. We are only looking for those who are a fit to our team and are truly passionate about the products and projects we are building. You’ll be the lead designer in-house for web, mobile and print and you’ll coordinate with our internal developers and external clients. You need to be able to do both concept and execute design. Much will be carrying forth-new designs and iterations of the brand and products as it grows for items like micro-sites, websites, mobile apps, and additional pages on web and mobile, and print materials such as welcome kits and marketing materials. You may work very closely with a Print Graphic Designer.
You will be asked to produce a variety of mediums and tactics including: micro-site web designs, printed collateral, direct mail, email marketing, etc. You will also be asked to help lead and weigh-in on visual strategies and branding concepts. You need to be a talented designer and be a bit of a “jack-of-all-trades”, be proactive, be a self-starter, and be a creative thinker and executor. You’ll work closely with marketing and development teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in fine art, graphics or visual communications or equivalent work experience
- Mac OS X proficiency / Fluent in MS Office Suite.
- Minimum 5+ years experience with marketing, website, and print design
- Experience working with clients and project teams to execute high-level creative solutions
- Cutting-edge design skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign
- Knowledge of 3D and motion graphics a plus (but not required)
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- An overall good sense of project/time management
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Passion for quality design and innovation
- A heart for social good and excitement around the product we’re building
- Readiness to rapidly learn and utilize new technologies in a competitive and rapidly changing business
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration
Please provide examples of past design work or samples that demonstrate your design skills and be prepared for a small take-home project. If you have a Dribbble or Behance account or similar, definitely include that with your designs.